Five Tips To Shake Up Your Everyday Chicken Dinner
While it can be easy to get stuck in a rut with family meal options, especially as schedules get hectic and you don’t have much time to plan ahead, there are easy ways to shake up your next chicken dinner and excite everyone’s taste buds.
Opt for bold flavors – Chicken is America’s favorite way to enjoy protein-and for good reason. Not only is chicken high in protein, but it can be seasoned in so many ways. Spice up your next chicken dinner with worldly and exotic flavors, such as chipotle adobo, Jamaican spices or sweet chili.
Get the kids involved – Food prep is a great kitchen activity to bring together the whole family, even the little ones. Reach for food kits that contain the ingredients for less mess. One example is Gold’n Plump Shakers, which are ready in just three, kid-friendly steps. Pour the fresh chicken breast pieces and pre-seasoned breadcrumbs into the provided bag, shake to coat, and then bake.
Look for quick and easy food products – Studies show that many home cooks, particularly millennials, plan last-minute meals. Reach for convenient foods at the grocery stores to aid in the enjoyment of cooking at home. In half an hour or less, you can make a tasty chicken meal; just pair freshly baked chicken with a bag of romaine salad and a bottle of Caesar dressing.
Add pizzazz to your dinner plate – It’s all about presentation. Add a little sparkle to the everyday by topping your finished meal with fresh herbs such as parsley. Or create a chicken taco bar with an assortment of toppings so your family members can make their own tacos based on personal preferences.
Choose wholesome chicken – According to a Chicken Labels Insights Study from Gold’n Plump Shakers, 36 percent of shoppers say no antibiotics ever is important to them when buying chicken and humanely raised means higher quality for nearly 32 percent of shoppers. They may be pleased to know that Gold’n Plump chicken follows animal welfare standards and is humanely raised with no antibiotics ever and no added solution, preservatives or artificial flavors.
Finally, you can shake up your everyday with this recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes, start to finish.
Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 1 package (20 ounces) Gold’n Plump® Shakers chicken breast pieces with chipotle adobo seasoned breadcrumbs
- 8 (4-inch) soft or hard taco shells
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice from 1 lime?-about 2 tablespoons
- Zest from 1 lime-about 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Bake Gold’n Plump Shakers per directions on the package.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup.
- To assemble tacos, spoon cabbage and tomatoes onto each shell.
- Top with chicken, sliced green onions, cheese and chipotle lime crema.
Note: You can use sour cream in place of the crema. Also, sprinkle tacos with chopped cilantro if desired.
The chicken kits are available in five bold flavors: Savory, Sweet Chili, Jamaican, Honey BBQ, and Chipotle Adobo.
Find more flavorful recipes at www.GoldnPlump.com.