Today’s tasty recipes were submitted by CSA member Julia.
-half head of green cabbage
-1 small onion, peeled and sliced
-2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
-1/2-1 tbsp mirin
1. Heat a few swirls of oil in a large skillet
2. Saute onion for a few minutes, then add garlic. Let cook slightly, then add cabbage–stir, season with salt and pepper, and cover
3. Let cook covered over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
4. Add mirin, stir, and continue to cook covered for another 10-15 minutes or until tender to your liking.
*Note: you can also combine other greens with this recipe. I added some chopped mustard greens midway through the cooking process.
Roasted Sunchokes/Jerusalem Artichockes
-1/2 pound of small sunchokes, sliced about 1/4-1/2 inch thick (no need to peel!)
-2 cloves garlic, whole
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Lay sliced sunchokes and garlic cloves on parchment paper-lined baking sheet
3. Drizzle with olive oil, salt pepper
4. Roast for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
5. Squeeze out roasted garlic and toss
*Note: you can combine with other roasted veggies, e.g. cauliflower, brussels sprouts (though these veggies will require more time)