This is a delicious and potentially vegetarian meal that tastes of summer! In the photo, you can see that I topped it with seared scallops, but we’ve also eaten it plain and it’s every bit as scrumptious.
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 cups summer squash, grated on the big holes of a big grater
1 cup corn kernels, off the cob
1 cup arborio rice
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock, heated
a little olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
zest of one lemon
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan or dutch oven. Stir in the onions and the squash and saute´ until
onions are translucent.
2. Add the rice and cook, stirring frequently, until rice also becomes translucent.
3. Add a ladle full of hot stock to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until almost all liquid is
4. Repeat step three until stock is gone and rice is al dente.
5. Just before last addition of stock, add in the corn and let it gently cook in the final addition of
6. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper to taste, stir in basil and lemon zest and serve